A Plan Tailored Specifically for Your Needs
Today, most people realize that they need a will to ensure that their money and possessions will be distributed according to their wishes after they are gone. And yes, a will is essential for anyone who is married, has children or net positive wealth. If you do not yet have one Apex Law is here to help you. We will work with you, one-on-one, guiding you through the process, answering your questions and ensuring that the end-product reflects your wishes and gives you peace of mind.
Most people, however, who have worked hard to build successful lives need additional estate planning tools beyond a will. Your estate encompasses everything you own including personal possessions, vehicles, residences, and all of your financial assets including stocks, bonds, retirement accounts, and life insurance policies. People may forego estate planning because they don’t think they need it, are too busy with the demands of hectic daily lives, or don’t want to think about their mortality.
Apex Law understands the many reasons you may have put off creating an estate plan and that you may feel overwhelmed by having to make decisions now about how your possessions and affairs will be handled in the future. Our experienced and caring estate attorneys do not see you and your life as an “estate;” we see you as a person with a unique set of circumstances and concerns. We will take the time to get to know you and understand what’s important to you and your priorities. Working with you, we will create a comprehensive estate solution that reflects your wishes and addresses your concerns.
Estate plans generally address the following matters:
- Detailed directions on the allocation of your financial assets and valuable assets – whether they have a high monetary value or high emotional value.
- Contributions of money or assets to a philanthropic, cultural, human services, educational non-profit organization, or cause that you wish to support after you are gone.
- Clear guidelines regarding your medical and long-term care if you are unable to make your own decisions.
- Designating which family members or loved ones may make medical and financial decisions for you if necessary.
- Providing for the financial needs of family members or other loved ones who have special needs.
- Naming the guardians you wish to appoint for minor children and expressing your wishes for their education and upbringing.
- Ensuring that your life insurance is adequate to provide economic security for your family.
- Creation of a trust to accomplish special estate planning goals, such as reducing inheritance tax lability, transferring a family business, or avoiding a public probate process.
Apex Law has the legal knowledge and experience to provide you with a comprehensive estate solution, and the commitment to highly personal service that will make you feel comfortable and empowered. Your estate plan will provide you the peace of mind knowing that the people and things most important to you will be provided for you exactly as you wish them to be. We have given so many others peace of mind and helped them provide for the future needs of their loved ones. Please contact us today so we can do the same for you.